Life Group Announcements Sunday, October 17, 2021
Fall Fest, Saturday, October 30, 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Bring your family and friends out for an afternoon of games, inflatables and more.
Also, you can help make the event happen by donating candy or serving and being a part of all the fun! Sign up to volunteer at cottonwoodcreek.org/fallfestival.
Tech Training, Saturday, October 23, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
We are looking for more people to serve on our Tech Arts team. If you are interested, please join us for this training.
Worship Night, Tuesday, October 26, 7 p.m., Worship Center
Join us for this month’s Worship Night, where we will seek renewal from the Lord and learn to equip the armor of God as protection in our lives. We hope to see you there! DINNER & CHILDCARE: This event does not require registration. However, we offer registration to sign up for dinner and childcare in advance. Dinner costs $5 and will vary from month to month. Register HERE.
Vertical Marriage Date Night, Friday, November 5, 7 p.m., Worship Center, $20/ticket
Vertical Marriage will guide you toward building a vibrant relationship at every level including communication, conflict, intimacy, and romance. Through the unique perspective of Dave and Ann Wilson, they share their journey of reconnecting with God and discovering the joy and power of a vertical marriage. To purchase tickets, go to https://cottonwoodcreek.org/event/vertical-marriage-night/.
Men’s Winter Retreat, January 30- February 3, 2022, Breckenridge, Co
Always a favorite event for our guys, come join us at our Annual Winter Retreat to Breckenridge, CO. Whether you love to ski, snowboard, snowmobile or just get out to enjoy the beauty of God’s creation, this is a great opportunity to join dozens of other men as we head to the mountains for a few days of fun, fellowship and spiritual renewal. Text RETREAT to 77978 for more info.
Women’s Fall Social Event, Thursday, October 21, 6:30 p.m., Atrium
Let’s gather for a fun time of playing a classic game of Bingo and enjoying a delicious Brownie Bar! Fellowship, Fun and Prizes! Free Event, registration required to ensure enough supplies. https://account.cottonwoodcreek.org/OnlineReg/3469
JOYUS Luncheon, Tuesday, October 19, 11:30 a.m., B111
All Senior Adults join us for lunch, we will be spaghetti & meatballs and garlic toast. Bring sides and desserts to share.
Missions Spotlight: Cancer Care Ministry
Throughout October, Creek Missions is spotlighting our Cancer Care Ministry and asking you to create a “No-sew Blanket” with your family and/or LifeGroup.
These cozy blankets are given out to friends, neighbors, North Texas Hospital and Cancer Centers.
- Please follow the cancer patient-specific instructions HERE or pick-up a hard copy at the Missions Wall in the Atrium.
- Blankets are due back to the church building by Sunday, October 31.
Operation Christmas Child
Please read the Informational Letter from our OCC Team on excellent ways to involve your LifeGroup in packing shoeboxes. Included are video tutorials, testimonies, and other great options, like “How to Host a Packing Party” and building your shoebox online! Free pre-printed Shoeboxes are available at the Missions Wall in the Atrium.
If the linked letter does not answer all your questions, please contact one of our OCC Team members: Sally Lloyd (firstname.lastname@example.org), Joyce Tofel (email@example.com), or Shirley Leddy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
T-Shirt sales begin Sunday, October 17 at Mission Wall
A weekend for families and LifeGroups to serve together with multiple service opportunities on our Cottonwood Creek Campus
- T-Shirt sales at the Missions Wall (Adult Sizes Small – 3 XL, while supplies last)
o Style: Baseball Jersey $15 ea.
- Saturday, November 13, Session: 6:15-7:30 p.m., Meal Packing Station Only, NEW for Saturday Worship Attendees
- Sunday, November 14, Sessions: 9:15 a.m. 10:45 a.m., All Stations Open
- Saturday Setup Team
- Saturday Meal Packing
- NEW! Meal Bin & Box Team, Keep the event running smoothly, Bin Fillers & Box Haulers (35-50 lbs)
- Carter BloodCare Blood Drive
- Gospel Conversation Training – using the 3 Circles 3-Minute Method
- Meal Packing, Organization: Kids Around The World. A table leader is required for each table reserved by a LifeGroup or family.
- NEW! Meal Packing Bin & Box Team | Keep the event running smoothly | Bin Fillers & Box Haulers (35-50 lbs)
- Mission Trip Information (Mission Wall)
- Missionary Christmas Card Writing – Cards for our supported Missionaries around the World (Atrium)
- Naomi’s Village Christmas Card Decorating – Children’s Orphanage in Kenya (Atrium)
- Operation Christmas Child Box Drop-off (Atrium)
- Ponytail Donation | Organization: Pink Heart Funds
- Sunday Clean-up Team